It is not usually a daunting method to cancel an Axis Bank credit card. You can read the directions carefully before starting the procedure if you have chosen to cancel your Axis Bank credit card.
Process to Close Axis Bank Credit Card
Through writing to the bank or by calling the Axis bank credit card customer care centers that operate to provide customer service, an Axis bank cardholder may terminate his or her Axis bank credit card.
- In an attempt to close their credit cards, you can send an email to the bank executives. Customers should send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to the bank authorities to close their credit cards.
- Customers of Axis bank credit cards in the country can call 1800-233-5577/1800-209-5577/1800-103-5577 to cancel their bank membership at any time of the day.
Things to Know Before Closing an Axis Bank Credit Card
The customer needs to remember the following points before choosing to cancel an Axis bank credit card:
- It is necessary to clear all unpaid fees, pending loans, EMI services, balance transfers, along with other charges.
- It is important to redeem all unused reward points which remain on the card within 45 days of requesting the closure of the credit card.
- Pending credit card dues that the borrower wants to close cannot be moved to another credit card until the cardholder has submitted a request to close the credit card.
When can Axis Bank Cancel a Credit Card
Without any clear reason or cause, Axis Bank may also terminate a credit card at its absolute discretion. If this is done, the cardholder will automatically have to clear all of the outstanding balance on the credit card. In addition, no annual fees or other costs will be refunded on a pro-rata basis. Additional explanations include:
- Consistently failing to pay any amount within the due date owing to the bank
- Failure to meet commitments according to the terms and conditions
- Any online cheque/ECS/payment given to the bank using other bank account/standing instructions and not encashed
- Any representation made by the cardholder that turns out to be wrong or incomplete
How to Reactivate a Closed Axis Bank Credit Card
Customers need to send requests to ask the bank to reactivate the closed Axis bank credit card. The request will, however, only be raised if the cardholder has cancelled the card himself. The applicant needs to contact the credit card customer care number and verify the credit card number, expiry date, date of birth and registered mobile number to reactivate the closed credit card issued by Axis bank. The credit card may also be reactivated by sending an email along with an identification certificate and a snapshot of the passport size to the bank authorities.
Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we work towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs. What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.