There are many benefits to investing in title insurance before purchasing a property. The primary benefit is the protection against a third party claim arising from a conflict of interest. If you are a mortgage lender, the title insurance is beneficial for you as well. Before buying a new property, it is therefore vital that you get hold of a title insurance service provider. The following article is your guide of finding an expert title insurance service provider like the www.sunnysidetitle.com.
When does the search start?
Timing is everything when it comes to property searches and the associated title insurance search. So it is essential that you start your search for the title insurance service provider when you start searching the right real estate agent. The mortgage lender or the real estate agent will surely know a few services that provide title insurance.
Searching for the right service
Yes, the actual search for the right service for your needs can be a bit daunting. This is especially true since there are many facilities listed on the internet.
The phone book is the primary weapon, and you will get the contact info for many agents and services
Check the online listings and keep your searches local
Recommendations from real estate agents, attorneys, and mortgage lenders can make sure you get the right one
But now that we have selected a service due to its reputation, how to make sure it is as advertised?
Questions to ask the service
We have prepared the following list for you,
- Ask about the experience of the firm and the years they are operational.
- If it is an agent, you should inquire about the parent title insurance company.
- Ask if the service is affiliated with the real estate agent, mortgage lender, attorney or the home builder.
- Enquire about the total fee for the insurance as they are subject to vary according to the property and the state of residence.
- Should you consider any other service, is there any cancellation fee that you are required to pay?
- Ask about the references and testimonials from previous owners of the service to make sure of the professionalism.
Things to keep in mind when filing for the service
There are two things that you must keep in mind. The first is that the owner’s policy is for the safeguarding the homeowner’s interests. This allows the owner to own the property and covers against any unforeseen claims legally. Secondly, in case of any doubts or query regarding the property you should contact the insurance provider immediately without fail.
Keep in mind the following steps while filing a claim
- In case any query the first step is contacting the title insurance firm and the attorney or the agent used to purchase.
- Secondly, a review of the settlement statement is imperative.
- Any charge for the closure is listed in the document.
- When you submit the potential claim statement make sure to include the address for the property, the copy of the documents you have received and a statement about your query and the matter at hand.
Investing in title insurance is the only way to safeguard your property against any unforeseen circumstances and claims. If you are eyeing up a new lucrative property that just came on the market, invest in title insurance as soon as you can.