Ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft are both inexpensive and handy. The increasing number of cars on the road as a result of thousands of passengers taking advantage of the numerous advantages of a rideshare program increases daily traffic congestion, increasing the risk of an accident occurring.
Being a passenger in a routine vehicle accident may be quite dangerous, both literally and psychologically. The procedure that must be followed promptly after a ridesharing accident is much more taxing and time-consuming. So, in that case, you will need a Lyft accident lawyer.
As a passenger in an Uber or Lyft accident, you should take the following steps:
- Check on all of the parties involved to ensure that no one has been gravely wounded.
- As soon as you are able, contact the authorities and report the accident.
- Take as many photographs as you can of the accident scene and the damage it has caused. Make sure that all of your photographs have a time stamp on them. You will require these documents in order to file an insurance claim.
- Gather as much information as you can on the insurance, car, and contact information of everyone who is involved in the incident.
- Make certain that your rideshare driver notifies their supervisors about the accident. Often, they are afraid to do so because of the potential suspension that would result if they were to comply.
Prepare To Deal With All Concerned Parties’ Insurance Companies
Following your normal vehicle accident, dealing with one insurance provider might take a significant amount of your time. Now imagine having to interact with a slew of insurance companies that are continuously shifting the burden of duty between one another.
While riding in an Uber or Lyft vehicle, the insurance companies you should expect to hear from are those for the ridesharing company, rideshare driver, and any other drivers involved in the collision.
In most cases, the financial liability will fall on the shoulders of the Uber or Lyft insurance company to bear. Personal injury coverage of $1 million is included in the plans of these service providers. If, for whatever reason, your medical expenses and property damage bill surpass this amount, the rideshare driver’s vehicle insurance will kick in to cover the difference.
One of the most difficult aspects of settling the financial obligations that arise as a result of a major ridesharing accident is waiting for the various insurance companies to reach an agreement on who will be responsible for paying the final costs.
It is possible that you may be past due on your invoices by the time any progress is achieved. An accident that was not your fault shouldn’t force you to bear the financial burden of the consequences.
Call A Rideshare Accident Lawyer
The Mullen and Mullen Law Firm is the most trusted automobile accident attorney. The staff has years of expertise in obtaining the compensation that their clients are entitled to under the law. The tried-and-true legal strategies will pave the road for you to obtain a settlement that will more than cover the financial hardship you’re currently suffering.
Being a passenger in a ridesharing accident may be a time-consuming affair that might go for months before it is finally resolved. The firm can assist you in reaching a settlement in a timely manner so that you may move on from the event and relieve yourself of the financial weight of medical bills and property damage.